Community Supported Agriculture, or CSA, is an arrangement that provides a direct connection between community members and local farmers. CSA members become a part of Fiddler’s Green Farm by purchasing a share of the season’s harvest in advance. We provide CSA members with a weekly box of fresh vegetables, fruits, herbs and grits throughout the harvest season.
The 2016 CSA season will start in mid may and go through mid September (totaling 20 weeks). Every week members can expect to get 6-10 different items each week, depending on the season. We include 5-8 pounds of produce in the box, or approximately one large paper grocery bag full of vegetables. If you are concerned a share is too much for you, we encourage you to split a share with a neighbor.
In addition to the produce share, members can add additional shares.
The poultry share goes from May to October (totaling 6 months). Once each month in addition to your produce share members will get 3 whole chickens and a mixture of parts (legs, wings etc.).
Add and egg share and get one dozen fresh pasture raised eggs in your produce box each week. If one dozen isn’t enough you can add as many as you like
· The basic 20 week produce share is $500
· Add a poultry share for $400Add an egg share for $100
Where to pick up
· City Markets South at Biltmore Town Square, Wednesdays from 12 to 4
· Elements restaurant at 233 S Liberty St, Asheville, NC 28801, Wednesdays from 11 to 7 and Saturdays 10am to 3pm
· On the farm at 4535 Little Pine rd. Marshall NC 28753, Fridays from 12 to 6
· More locations pending
To sign up simply email or call with your interest and any questions you have. We will respond with a follow up email and several options for payment methods.